Section 1 Composition:
- The Board of Directors shall be composed of elective officers and chairs of the standing committees.
- Board of Directors may recall a board member if duties are not fulfilled.
- In case a member is unable to serve out their term on the Board of Directors, the Board shall declare the position vacant and appoint a member to fill the unexpired term. In the event the presidency or president-elect becomes vacant, the nominating committee shall submit a ballot to the membership.
Section 2 Duties:
The Board of Directors shall:
- Establish, implement, monitor, and evaluate goals and objectives to accomplish the mission of the Organization.
- Authorize all official meetings of the Organization.
- Determine policy between official meetings of the Organization
- Perform the duties specified in the policy and procedure manual
- Review the budget and make policy recommendations to the membership.
- Establish procedures for reimbursement to the Board of Directors for necessary and actual expenses.
Section 3 Meetings:
- Board of Director Meetings shall be held four times a year. The President may call additional meetings if necessary.
- A quorum of the Board of Directors shall be a simple majority of the Board of Director members.
- Robert’s Rules of Order, Revised shall be the governing authority of this Organization in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the bylaws of this Organization or of the National Organization.
Section 4 Email Voting and Electronic Meeting:
- Board of Directors, standing and special committees are authorized to meet by telephone conference or through electronic communication media so long as a quorum is present and all members can hear and participate simultaneously.
- Board of Directors, standing, and special committees are authorized to use email voting so long as a quorum is present, the vote is unanimous and is ratified at the next meeting of the Board or committee.